Thursday, February 15, 2018

Simple Chess: Sacrifice to Attack!


It has been a while since I've posted a blog. For those that don't know I am a Chess.com partnered streamer. What does that mean? I play chess online and broadcast my games to viewers around the world. If you want to catch a show check me out at twitch.tv/chessnerdbird. At least once a week you can also catch me on chess.com/tv

Well, I was able to venture out into the real world this week and play round 2 of the 40th Tuesday Night Action. This game came after I was defeated 24.0 to 6.0 in a death match against another chess streamer. Since that crushing defeat I vowed to never allow something like that again and I had been putting in a lot of time with tactics and attacking play.

When I checked the pairings I saw that I was paired against Michael Kliber. He is currently rated 1984 and has earned the Candidate Master title. I knew I was going to have my work cut out for me but I wanted to play aggressive and keep pressure on my opponent at all costs. I knew from a previous blitz game against Michael that I could keep up tactically if I kept the position complicated and kept him under pressure. That was the game plan. Here is the game:





No comments:

Post a Comment